Aerospace Structures Stress Engineer
Serve as a member of a structures team to join the fast-paced development of unique Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) for commercial operations. Focus will be on all-composite structures, with a minimal amount of support metallic components.
2 Specific Responsibilities
- Develop load paths and airframe structural configuration layouts, conduct preliminary sizing of airframe structures utilizing metallic and composite materials
- Conduct airframe structural analysis using hand calculations and/or finite element analysis methods such as NASTRAN for a variety of structure types for typical aircraft load cases
- Perform structural analysis of primary and secondary structures (e.g., modeling, static, fatigue, damage
- Participate in material allowable development test programs
- Prepare documentation to support design decisions and to resolve issues
- Prepare presentations for design reviews, technical meetings, and technical program reviews
3 Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering or a related field, from an accredited university.
- At least 2 years work experience in the aerospace industry, or a Masters degree in an appropriate field.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and written.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in small teams.
4 Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Relevant coursework or experience with the composite part detail process, including composites stacking, sequence, lamination theory, honeycomb core, bonded assemblies, manufacturing assembly and fabrication processes, post-cure machining operations.
- Experience with engineering and/or manufacturing development of structural parts and assemblies utilizing composite materials. Demonstrated strong engineering skills in structural analysis.
- Experience with lightweight aerostructures.
- Familiar with industry standards for the manufacture, repair and assembly of composite components for aerospace.
- Experience with hands-on construction or manufacturing
- Experience with analytical software such as FEMAP, PATRAN, NASTRAN, HyperSizer, ABAQUS, MSC ADAMS, Matlab a plus.
- Experience with 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) package, such as CATIA V5, Solidworks or Unigraphics.
- Demonstrated strong engineering skills in structural analysis, NASTRAN for windows using FEMAP, classical hand analysis and closed form solutions.
Position open to Swiss or EU/EFTA-eligible workers
Location: Central Switzerland